Filing a Record of Survey Map with the County Surveyor

After performing a field survey, does your surveyor need to file a record of the survey map with the county surveyor? In California, Business and Professions Code Section 8762 answers that question. In general, “after making a field survey in conformity with the practice of land surveying, the licensed surveyor or licensed civil engineer may file with the county surveyor in the county in which the field survey was made, a record of the survey.”

However, in certain situations, the record of the survey must be filed with the county surveyor. These relate to the discovery of material changes or discrepancies from subdivision maps, official maps, or records of surveys previously recorded, as well as the establishment of new points or lines.

0 comments… add one

Leave a Reply